Choose an enrollment option:
- Student Reviews
This ethics program will provide you with a structure for ethical decision-making that will serve your clients, yourself, your profession and your community. State licensing boards and professional associations set forth professional codes of ethics to define standards of professional conduct that ensure the highest good for the client in our therapeutic relationships. The first step in practicing ethically is to become aware of these established regulations and to implement them within your professional practice.
Ethics within the health care profession is concerned with the establishment and maintenance of moral relationships between those individuals coming in for treatment, on the one hand, and the professional therapists rendering treatment, on the other. Together our personal and professional codes of ethics form the basis for our standards of ethical decision-making and resulting conduct.
In this course you will:
- understand the role that a professional code of ethics and standards of practice play in the practice of massage therapy
- explore ethical boundaries of therapeutic relationships with clients, colleagues and the community
- determine the steps involved in developing a treatment plan and obtaining informed consent
- determine how to ensure confidentiality of your client
- define the scope of practice within the ethical boundaries for a massage professional
- identify potential ethical violations within therapeutic relationships
- develop a criteria to determine ethical action.
This is the most clearly written and thought-out presentation on this matter I have encountered in the past 15 years.
- M. Pagani, LMT, AMTA
I have taken several ethics courses through the years with top presenters in the field. This course was the MOST educational, concise, helpful, thought-provoking class I have ever had in ethics. Total THUMBS UP! I think it should be used in every massage school curriculum.
- A. Kurtz, LMT, NCTMB
Overall an excellent course. Ethics is so often treated as a "back burner" issue and this course treated it with the purpose and impact ethics has for massage therapists on a day-to-day level. THANKS!
- T. Kellerman, LMT
... this was by far the most interesting and comprehensive course I've taken ...
- T. K. Blankenship, LMT, NCTMB, AMTA
There is an amazing amount of extremely valuable knowledge in this course.
- M. Martin, LMT, NCTMB, AMTA
I found this course to be the most interesting and insightful ethics course that I have participated in... Thank you!
- E. Gemme, LMT, NCTMB
Excellent presentation on the subject. The course is a great review. It serves our profession of massage with excellence.
- J. Randall, NCMT, AMTA
This was an amazing way to achieve continuing education hours! The information presented was extremely helpful in increasing my knowledge base for massage therapy and practice.
- D. Bahre, NCMT
Excellent! This course was clear, great quality of content, and gave me new insight about my roles a health practitioner.
- S. MacDonald, LMT, NCTMB, AMTA
- Manual - 17 pages
- Multiple-choice test - if you prefer to complete this program online please select the "Materials: Available online + Test: Available online" option
- Certificate upon completion - if you prefer to print your certificate at home instantly, please select the "online test" option
Display Certificates suitable for framing are available for $10 in addition to the certificate included with your tuition. Click here to order a Display Certificate.
The Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Approved Provider 049478-00.
Credits also accepted by the AMTA, ABMP and NAHA.
For information regarding your specific state massage license requirements and approvals, visit our Massage Therapy Continuing Education Requirements page by clicking here.