Choose an enrollment option:
- Student Reviews 4
For generations mothers the world over have known that the soft stroke of their hands soothes, calms and communicates their love to their babies. Now scientific research proves that massage can do all that and more. The course text, written by the founder of the International Association of Infant Massage, helps you master the techniques of infant massage so you can incorporate this joyful and wonderful healing art into your practice. Each step of the massage process is explained with simple easy-to-follow instructions and delightful photographs demonstrating each stroke.
In this course you'll also find:
- important infant massage concepts
- why massage is important to infant development and well-being
- necessary steps for preparing to massage an infant
- ways to help babies relax
- benefits of massage for children: easing discomfort, releasing tension, helping premature infants gain weight, helping asthmatic children improve breathing function
- specific routines tailored to help relieve colic, fever, chest and nasal congestion
- modified instructions for premature infants and babies with special needs
- helpful hints on dealing with crying and fussing
I enjoyed the book for this course, and was actually quite impressed with the exam. I will certainly be taking more courses. Thank you!
- J. Kennon, LMT
Excellent book, great for health care professionals and parents! Highly recommended!
- T. Brook-Allred, RMP
Terrific and useful content! Will be using your programs again! Very informative! Thank you!
- C. Larson, LMT
The material was fascinating and I really learned alot. Great book.
- K. Thorne, NCTMB
- Text - 241 pages
- Multiple-choice test - if you prefer to test online please select the "test online" option
- Certificate upon completion - if you prefer to print your certificate at home instantly, please select the online option
Display Certificates suitable for framing are available for $10 in addition to the certificate included with your tuition. Click here to order a Display Certificate.
The Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Approved Provider 049478-00.
Credits also accepted by the AMTA, ABMP and NAHA.
For information regarding your specific state massage license requirements and approvals, visit our Massage Therapy Continuing Education Requirements page by clicking here.