Combining four articles written especially for the Institute's Massage Professionals Update E-newsletter, this brief program will provide insights into:
- The benefits and challenges of working in a spa.
- Integrating spa services into your massage practice.
- The impact of color and your massge office.
- Increasing business through at-home spa parties.
In the Spa Massage Options program we've combined four articles written especially for the Institute's Massage Professionals Update. These four articles include:
- Benefits and Challenges of Working in a Spa - As the spa industry continues to boom, a growing number of massage therapists are finding spas to be the source of their livelihoods. In order to cater to the needs of the public to rejuvenate, unwind and heal, spas are increasing in number. Discover the extra skills required to be successful in this unique work setting.
- How to Integrate Spa Services Into Your Massage Practice -
These days, an increasing number of practicing massage therapists, wellness centers and spas offer massage services, and they are competing for similar clientele. The field of massage therapy is more competitive today than ever before. Massage therapists need to stand out from others if they want to enjoy continued success. Learn how you can cost-effectively integrate some unique and valuable aspects of the spa industry into your own private practice in order to attract new massage clients and to retain long-term ones.
- The Impact of Color and Your Massage Office - Color surrounds us every day of our lives. It can be stimulating or calming. In most massage sessions, the client's eyes are closed, so it may seem that the colors used in a massage office are less important than in other settings. However, the colors used in your office convey an important message. Learn how to use color to set the tone and help clients get the most out of their massage.
- At-Home Spa Parties Can Increase Winter Business - Winter can be a slow time for massage therapists. Find out how offering at-home spa parties can liven up your business.
You can either read the articles by clicking on any of the titles above or upon enrollment you'll be able to access these articles and your online test through your online course account.
S. Baack, LMT
Great course. I especially enjoyed the spa party section, and plan to integrate them into my practice.
Carol Payne, LMBT
I loved this course, short but very informative.
Tammy Southall, LMT
Thought the course was great! I will recommend your courses to others...:)
Megan Parker, LMT
These short courses are helpful and do not take a lot of time. I learn at least one new idea or topic related information.
Wendy Hall, LMP
Read more reviews
- 4 MPU Original Articles - 10 pages
- Online multiple-choice test
- Certificate upon completion
Display Certificates suitable for framing are available for $10 in addition to the certificate included with your tuition. Click here to order a Display Certificate.
The Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Approved Provider 049478-00.
Credits also accepted by the AMTA, ABMP and NAHA.
For information regarding your specific state massage license requirements and approvals, visit our Massage Therapy Continuing Education Requirements page by clicking here.