Choose an enrollment option:
- Student Reviews
Deepen your understanding of pathology, from a body/mind approach. Organized by body system, this program presents key concepts about how to recognize and confidently respond to soft tissue and movement therapy indications, precautions and contraindications for over 150 health conditions providing an excellent reference after the course has been completed.
In Part 1 of this two part course, you will learn about:
- stress and the body/mind - mental and emotional health and illness, assessment, therapeutic action, research findings and case presentations
- common psychological defense mechanisms
- the immune and lymphatic systems - disorders, assessments, therapeutic action, clients with cancer, clients with edema, research findings and case presentations
- important aspects of the Center's for Disease Control's Standard Precautions for massage therapists
- immune-deficient conditions and hyperimmunity conditions
- the cardiopulmonary system - disorders, assessment, therapeutic action, indications, contraindications, research findings, case presentations
- appropriate actions in response to signs of a heart attack
- the nervous system - disorders, assessment, therapeutic action, indications, contraindications, research findings, case presentations
A continuation of this program, utilizing the same text, can be obtained through Holistic Pathology: Part 2. However, Part 1 is not a prerequesite for taking Part 2.
Very informative. Full of useful, even critical information.
- Gregory C. Ritchie CMT, NCTMB
A huge amount of relevant information, well organized and accessible. Deserves a permanent place in my reference library. Well done!!
- Elizabeth Foster, NCTMB
I enjoyed the course very much. This book is clear, concise and thorough. I applaud the author for targeting the audience and making this course very enjoyable.
- Brittney M. Kurello, NCTMB
Very readable and understandable material.
- Jackie Gaston, LMT Austin, TX
Very informative and educational. Easy to understand.
- Jessica Shanabarger
So great that holistic pathology is available
- Rebecca Chandler Shimmer Healing Arts
- Text - 568 pages
- Multiple-choice test - if you prefer to test online please select the "online test" option
- Certificate upon completion - if you prefer to print your certificate at home instantly, please select the "online test" option
Display Certificates suitable for framing are available for $10 in addition to the certificate included with your tuition. Click here to order a Display Certificate.
The Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Approved Provider 049478-00.
Credits also accepted by the AMTA, ABMP and NAHA.
For information regarding your specific state massage license requirements and approvals, visit our Massage Therapy Continuing Education Requirements page by clicking here.